Bhujanga means “cobra”. Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose resembles the cobra with its crowned head raised majestically. The lumbar spine is arched, strongly stretching the abdomen. A useful counterstretch for Bhujangasana’s strong push-up is Balasana .
- Lie face down.
- Press your palms against the floor at the height of your shoulders.
- Use your back muscles to raise your head and upper torso, then use your arms.
- Stretch your arms, arch the thoracic section of your spine.
- Look forward.
15 to 30 seconds.
- Strengthens the spine.
- Revitalizes the chest and lungs, shoulders and abdomen.
- Firms the buttocks
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Open the heart and lungs
- Relieves sciatica
- Avoid lumbago, sciatica and asthma
Do not perform this asana if you have the following injuries or ailments;
- Back injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome