Anja “form”, neya “reduced”. In Anjaneyasana – Crescent Moon Pose, the spine is arched a lot and the back of the leg is stretched. The whole body draws an arc, which resembles the shape of the crescent moon.
- Begin sitting in Vajrasana .
- Kneel with your left leg forward. Rest your hands on your knees and relax your arms and shoulders.
- Lean your torso forward, stretch the back of your right leg, and lean on your bent leg. The hips should relax downward. The sole of the foot should be against the ground. If not, go ahead.
- Breathe in, stretch your arms behind your head, arch your back and look up. Keep your palms together. Hold for 20-30 seconds, breathe normally. Increase the flexion of the spine with each exhalation. Release gently and repeat with the position of the legs changed.
- Strengthens the ankles and legs
- Regulates the digestive system
Do not perform this asana if you have the following injuries or ailments;
- Heart trouble