Ananta “eternal”. Anantasana – Side Leg Stretch stretches and tones the legs. This pose is especially beneficial for cyclists and runners.
- Begin by lying down in Savasana, with your arms next to the trunk.
- Turn laterally to the right and rest your head on your right hand.
- Bend your left leg and hold your big toe with your thumb and first two fingers. Exhale and stretch your left leg to a position perpendicular to your body. The strong grip of the toes allows the leg to be brought towards the head. If you cannot straighten your leg, hold it at the ankle. After a few breaths, press to bring your leg up to your left shoulder. Hold about 20-30 seconds. Release your foot and roll onto your back. Repeat with the opposite side
- Stretch the back of your legs
- Stretches the sides of the torso
- Tones the belly
- Strengthens the wrists